1. Pleasant tunes transfer good vibrations in the atmosphere.
2. Music acts on our mind before being transformed into thought and feeling.
3. Music influences the lower and hifher cerebral centers of the brain.
4. Use of music as a theraphy helps search of an individualís personal harmony.
5. Music theraphy is an important tool in the treatment of both psychological and psychosomatic disorders.
6. Music theraphy stimulates good vibrations in the nerves of the listeners.
7. Music brings about a sense of mental well being in individuals.
8. Music therapy helps to clear the junked thought in mind, which leads to have positive frames of mind.
9. Music theraphy enhances the concentration level of children.
10. Effect of music on the behavior is enormous.
11. Music improves the capacity of planning.
12. Music training helps to express refined exhibition of emotions and clarity in cognition too.
The present day heavy schedule in ever bodyís life deprives many normal needs of individuals. In that many needs, sleep is also one among the many and it is the basic requirement for an individual to get along with his daily routines. If we deprive ourselves from sleep for 35 hours continuously the normal function of the brain gets disturbed and the balance is at stake. The level of serotonin is reduced and the relaxing mind also gets feeble. Hence normal sleep of six to eight hours in a day without disturbance is must for every individual. Bur the requirement of sleep hours may vary individually.
Sleep is restorative, during sleep some of the vital substance gets re-synthesized in the nervous system. Any how for the so called normal and for the disturbed individuals, classical music does a wonderful effect on their sleep patterns. Specific ragas with selected notes with its vibration give relief from stress and make the individual get relaxed and go for sleep. The selected ragas given in this album are very special with its effects with regard to its notes / swaras and the way it has been essayed.
The research has been carried out by Dr.T.Mythily, PhD, a Research Scholar, a Clinical Psychologist, and Music Therapist. A doctoral degree holder in psychology with classical music and its therapeutic values for the improvement in the behavior. She is a graded artist by AIR a performing vocalist, disciple of the performing phenomena of the century, world celebrity, the legend Padmavibhshan Dr.M.Balamuralikrishna.